Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The pleasures of PIF

Remember the Pay It Forward I was involved with in March when I first started blogging? Well, here's the history:
It started with Mary, then went to Allyson, then to Jen in Pennsylvania, then to me, over to Angelique in Colorado, back to Ontario to Bumbershootska, and is now over in Scotland! If you want to play, check out this posting on Cut it and Pin it. It's a PIF waiting for someone!

I recently joined my second PIF. This one is a little more challenging. I found it over on Jamjar. Here's the link to her PIF. She's still waiting for some players. Here are the rules:

"I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week… LOL… but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

Okay, well I promise I'll get out your little gift a lot sooner than 365 days. No, it won't be dog biscuits! I am going to challenge myself a little with this PIF and I think it just might be some sort of stitchery project (no promises!). So, if you want to play just leave a comment.

Don't worry if I don't respond to you right away. For some reason, I am not receiving a notice anymore from blogger when someone leaves a comment. (can anyone help me with this?) My settings are ok, and the comments aren't going to my spam box so I don't know what's happening.

More about PIF:
I practice Pay It Forward in my business life too. I have met with many people who are starting businesses to give them advice. Some of them approach me directly, and some of them hear about me and my business from a local entrepreneurship centre. It's always fun to meet with them and interesting to hear about their plans. Some will make it. Some won't. Being self employed is the big dream for many people, but in reality it's a LOT of work! You have to really love what you're doing and have a lot of determination to make your own business a success.

I've also been approached by hundreds (no kidding!) of people who say they want to start a dog biscuit business. I'm not so interested in helping them. I don't mind competition, but I certainly don't want to teach them the business! I even received an email from someone in Montreal (just 1 1/2 hours from us) asking me to email them all my dog biscuit recipes and give them advice. No thanks.

You just have to keep a sense of humour about it all...sometimes hard to do!

Happy PIFing!

Next: some awesome auction buys!

6 comments:

Angelique said...

I won the previous PIF on your blog...am I allowed to play again??
Someone actually asked you to send them your recipes?!? hmmmm....I'll say no more. :-)

Barking Biscuit said...

Hi Angelique! Of course you can play!
Looking for 2 more.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I've been wanting to do something like this..... Can I play?

Barking Biscuit said...

Hi Linda Lu, Yes, you're very welcome to play! Send me an email with your mailing address.

Anonymous said...

I would be delighted to join in on the PIF ... not .... just need all the information and if there is room I would love to join. Thanks, Corline mommyandme@syix.com

Barking Biscuit said...

Yes, you can join in Corline! I'll send you an email.
I've received 3 responses, so this PIF is now closed.
Thanks for playing everyone!