Monday, July 23, 2007

Meet Carling & New Store News



Meet Carling. (photo by Barbara Lapointe) Carling's photo has been featured on our Say Cheese package for the past 9 months (we have others as well). But I used the last one today! So Carling's photo is officially retired. I picked Carling's photo to use on "Say Cheese" because I thought the look on his face was hilarious...it's like he's saying..."Just take the picture!" Or one of those looks that teenagers get when they're determined not to have a good time.

I did my first "Photo Search" last summer and printed the first batch of tags in September 2006. I wanted to feature as many different dogs as I could to make it fun for my customers. My idea was to print a limited run of each photo....only about 300 of each. However 2 things defeated my plan.

First of all, the printer ran 1000 of each photo by mistake. That's not so bad when you're talking about only one photo. But my first print run had 21 photos....that meant that 21,000 tags were printed instead of 6,300 tags. Yikes!

Second of all, the contact I had for 8 years at the printing company I use left. The new person told me that tags would be four times (that's 4 x!!) the cost that I had been originally quoted if I wanted only small batches printed. Double yikes!

So, the end result was that I can't feature as many dogs as I want and print a lot more tags of each photo I use. Some day maybe I'll find a way to print the tags inexpensively so that I can do small runs.

Some exciting news! Last week has been busy with four new stores being added to my retail stores list. (well, the stores aren't new but they're new to my biscuits). Here are the new locations:

Urban Paws in Kingston

Winstead All About Dogs in Bloomfield

Ornament Express in Vaughn and

Small Wonders Pet Emporium in Toronto

If you're in the area, please go to one of the stores and buy some biscuits. Tell them you read about it on the blog!

1 comment:

Angelique said...

That picture is sooo great! And your description of a 'teenager' is too perfect. Congrats on the new stores!!