Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wait, wait, surprise!

I don't know about you, but when I'm waiting for something to happen I am just a little bit (ha!) impatient. Not that I want to wish time away, but I get so excited (yes, even about the littlest things) that I just want them to happen.

For instance, I ordered some cute little one inch button pins with our cat from our new catnip labels. I decided to start with a small order through someone on Etsy, rather than a large order through my usual Canadian company. (customs and broker fees are a nightmare for anything over $25 CDN) Anyway, the first challenge for my waiting game was that I didn't notice the Etsy person was away for one week when I ordered my pins. The second challenge is that I'm up here in Canada, and she's down there in the U.S. Every day I hopefully look in our mail box, and every day I am disappointed. Sigh. I know they'll get here, but hey, when I'm looking forward to something it just seems too long.

I'm also anxiously waiting to hear back from my jury experience. I KNOW they said they'd be calling in early June (is it June yet?) but every time the (is it June yet?) phone rings I (is it June yet?) hope it's THE call. (well, you know, I really don't think I'll get into the show, but I'm still full of HOPE:) )

However, sometimes you're pleasantly surprised by something that happens that you really weren't expecting. I ordered our new catnip labels last week. Usually these things take a couple/few weeks but they arrived TODAY! And, they delivered them right to my door without charging me any delivery fee. How great is that?

Drum roll please....here they are. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

Bumbershootska said...

it's almost June ;)
The labels are perfect!

Anonymous said...

The labels look GREAT! I'm so impatient when I'm waiting for something in the mail. I can't wait to see the buttons. I love the one's I have from you. :-) They will be going on my backpack when I start school. I know...that is sooo 80's but I can't help it.