Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Last week Japan, this week England

Last week our Crunch for a Cure biscuits went to Japan with a woman who went to visit a friend there.

This week, our Barking Biscuits are off to England. Sooty is waiting for his new supply of Say Cheese. Sooty says he needs some more cheesey twists to keep his energy levels up, and says they are very tasty and he just loves cheese! (these are his mom's words, not mine)

I love getting photos from our customers! It's nice to "meet" the four legged people who are enjoying our dog biscuits.

On another note...tomorrow is the big day! I'll be making a 20 minute presentation in front of a jury to try to get a spot in this year's Christmas gift show. Keep your fingers crossed for me!


These came in the mail today from Miss M (a little gift for Mother's Day...I'm not her mom...I'm her Bama. What's a Bama? It's the name she gave me for Grandma when she was younger. Her Grandpa (my John) is Baba).

I thought they were appropriate in light of tomorrow's events...my seeds of hope!

Seriously, though, aren't these great? They are seed balls. You lay them on top of the garden (you don't bury them in the ground) and keep them moist, and they sprout wildflowers. They are hand rolled by people with disabilities. Here's what the package says they'll produce: Love-in-the-Mist, china aster, pink cornflower, gypsyflower, baby's breath, globe candytuft, mallow, four o'clocks, Sweet-William Catchfly, zinnia, dahlia. Wow! That's a lot to pack into those little balls.
Update to come later this summer.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck Sara! They would be depriving dogs everywhere of yummy, healthy treats if they don't pick you! My dogs love your cookies...the peanut butter ones are my personal fav...I try not to eat most of them but they're really good!

Bumbershootska said...

I have my fingers and toes crossed!You'll knock 'em out :)
Love the idea of the seed balls - there's a lot of flowery potential in those little balls!

Allyson Hill said...

I agree with the depriving dogs everywhere part, I really hope you get in! How nerve-racking. I am writing this on the 17th so you must have had your interview today, maybe even at this exact moment...

Jennifer said...

Did you make it? Gosh how unnerving! I wish we still had our dog so I could buy some treats for her.