Sunday, May 6, 2007

Friendly Frogs & Happy News

Aren't these the cutest little frogs? These are my new stitch markers from Purple Daisy. I am a self taught knitter, and until 2 weeks ago I didn't even know stitch markers existed. Up until now, I've only made sweaters...12 sweaters in the past 13 years. Last year was my busiest year when I made 4 sweaters...for our 2 grandchildren and their moms.
I always used a pin to mark my stitches but have been reading a couple of knitter's blogs and found out about stitch markers. These are just too cute for words!
Now if I can only find someone to teach me how to knit some socks.

I had great news on Friday. I have applied to sell Barking Biscuits at a Christmas craft show...one of the biggest shows in Ottawa. On Friday I found out that I've made it through the first approval phase! Yay! I now have to make a presentation in front of a jury on Thurs May 17th. This will be my first large scale show. I told my husband I don't know whether to be worried that I won't be accepted...or that I will be! The challenge is to show the jurors that dog biscuits belong in this exclusive show. (300 vendors, and they only accept between 15 - 30 new vendors each year) Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How cute are those stitch markers! I like the photo too. I'm not a knitter myself, maybe one day. I do crochet.
Congratulations on the first phase for the craft show. I wish you LOTS of luck on the presentation.

Bumbershootska said...

I can teach you how to knit socks - they're simple!
I love, love, love the frogs!

Awesome news about the show - I know that you'll wow them (besides these aren't just biscuits - they're the BEST biscuits!)

Jennifer said...

Ooooo! Deleted comment, the mystery! Those frogs are cute. Too bad I have no desire to knit right now. Maybe in a couple years I will feel the urge!

Allyson Hill said...

I agree with beebee mod, the myster of the deleted comment...

But even more exciting is your possible elite craft fair! How nerve-racking!