Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Everything's coming up tulips



Road side asparagus from a farmer: $3.50

UV filter for my zoom lens: $29.99
Ride in our Miata to take photos of the Ottawa Tulip Festival: $priceless




This is Roy MacGregor. He is a performance artist, and does his painting live at different events. We saw him yesterday at the Tulip Festival. I just loved this painting, but alas it will be a while before I can afford to have a MacGregor in my home. His paintings command a cool $2500 to $3500 a piece.

But I do have reason to celebrate...I sold my first 2 items from my little Etsy shop! Yay! (thanks Beebee Mod!)

And...a woman phoned me yesterday to arrange to pick up some Barking Biscuits. She wanted to drop by and pick up some dog biscuits to take to Japan with her to give to a friend. Cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! First sale. I'm so happy for you. What a great feeling. I love the photos! YES...priceless. My favorite is the red and yellow tulip. I can't wait till my move is over so I can take some pics of all the flowers coming out. And I sooooo wish you lived near me to help me move. :-) Yes, kinda scary that you like to move. I feel soooo overwhelmed.

Amanda said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the beautiful photo and card! It was such a nice surprise in the mailbox! Now I have to figure out who is special enough to receive the card!

Jennifer said...

Yipee! I can't wait to get them!

Jennifer said...

Oooo! I got my little contest prize and love them! I still can't believe they are maple buds! I never really paid attention to maple trees during the Spring. Thanks so much!

Allyson Hill said...

How exciting!