Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Arg! I've been hit

Tagged, that is.
Bumbershootska tagged me the other day. The rules - Each person tagged gives 5 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 5 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 5 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
Hmmm....now for my random facts (oh so many, what to choose?)

1. I love to read. I usually read over 50 books each year. Last year, I only managed to read 28 because I decided to knit sweaters to give away as Christmas presents. I am not a "knitter" so it was a real challenge for me to knit 4 sweaters in one year and it really put a dent in my reading time.
2. My son (who I consider to be my biggest life accomplishment) was born on my 26th birthday, on the 26th day of the month. There's something pretty special about that.
3. I've lost 3 of my family members to cancer (my brother, my mom & my sister). Cancer scares the heck out of me, and is the reason I've devoted some of my business products to raising funds for cancer research.
4. I would love to be "an artist". I dabble in many hobbies (photography, painting, knitting, sewing, glass mosaics) but I don't have the je ne sais quois to earn a living from any of them. I would love to be creative enough and confident enough to sell my efforts.
5. I prefer to receive gifts that are hand made. I don't expect my family to make everything they give me but I'd prefer it if they would support a crafter if they want to give me a gift. I think hand made gifts come from the heart. (and I'm so glad I discovered Etsy earlier this year)

Phew!
And now to tag 5 others:
Allyson - someone I find truly creative. I love to read her blog and see her new designs.
Amanda - someone new to blogging who might enjoy this challenge.
Angelique - very talented & busy lady. Hope she has time to do this.
Lauren - who's been in a funk lately. I want her to know I like following her blog and hearing about her farming life.
Last, but not least - another Amanda - who has fabulous modern art and lives in one of my favourite parts of the world.

7 comments:

Allyson Hill said...

Those were some nice random facts! Except I am very sorry to hear about the cancer in your family, how sad and scary. I can't even imagine having that kind of loss in my own family.

Allyson Hill said...

Oh and thanks for tagging me and for the kind words!

Jennifer said...

Very interesting.... I like to hear about other people. Cancer sucks...that's all I can say about it. It's affected my family too. I wish I could sit down and read as much as you. Your brain must be swelling with knowledge!

Anonymous said...

"I would love to be "an artist" "...you are an artist. :-) I love your watercolor paintings and photos. Thank you for tagging me and for the very sweet compliment. 'Talented' is a word that is so hard for me to see in myself but I see it in so many others. I do enjoy to be busy. :-)

Amanda said...

Yay.. thanks for tagging me Sara and for the compliment. So sorry to hear about the cancer thing. Well done with the raising funds for research.

Barking Biscuit said...

As for reading...it's only for fun. I prefer suspense novels, but I don't mind if there's a little romance thrown in.:)

Amanda said...

Oooo...sounds like a fun game!
I'm sorry to hear about the cancer, I know how it feels...I lost my mom to cancer as well.
And I love to read too...I just finished reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen which was an excellent book (if you ever want something other than suspense...though those are good too!)