Thursday, May 3, 2007

Need your ideas (please!)

I'm going to make some little one inch button pins using our new catnip cat image (isn't he cute?) Of course, the pins won't have the "copyright barkingbiscuit.com" across the image!

My question to you is....should I put some text on the pins? Please give me your ideas! If I use your idea, you'll receive some button pins in the mail as soon as I get them printed up. (the pins will go to the first person who submits the idea if I receive the same idea from more than one person).

Suggestions wanted. Please. (I've received a few ideas that are catnip related..which is great...but I don't know if the people receiving these pins will necessarily connect the pins with the catnip idea. So maybe a few ideas for cat lovers as opposed to catnip lovers?)

Oh, and by the way...the winner of the new catnip labels is the design using the apple green background. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of printing companies for quotes and then they'll get printed up. It's getting more & more difficult to find a company who will print round labels. There are lots in the U.S., but then we have to pay the dollar exchange (which isn't so bad at the moment) and duties, as well as the brokerage fees. That adds up to almost double the cost of the printing! Yikes.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe "Catnip" up top. Then "Yum" on the bottom. Or "Got Catnip?"

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

I guess I'm a purist but I like it just the way it is, no text, just a high-on-catnip grinning cat.

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Or you could just say "High!"

Allyson Hill said...

I like just the cat image alone because it allows the pin to be a cute accessory and doesn't give it a juvenille or promotional look. Are these going to be for sale or a promotional gift? I believe that some button makers will allow you to put your business info on the rim of the button so it is visible only at an angle. Does that make sense? I saw it in Kate Black's Etsy shop if you want more info. Welp, that's just my opinion and everybody likes something different so whatever you choose will be wonderful!

Barking Biscuit said...

For sale or promotion? A bit of both most likely.

Anonymous said...

I like just the cat too. I would so put this pin on my backpack! I must say I do like the "Got Catnip" and the "High" idea too. Especially the "high" idea, since that is what happens to a cat...they get high. I'm guessing I wasn't much help. :-0