Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Giant Schnauzers Gather & New Dog Forum


The Ontario Giant Schnauzer Grand Slam is this Saturday. Isn't this logo great? (designed by Tracy Riley).
I found out about this event last year and would love to attend. I'd just love to see all those Giant Schnauzers running around together. Looking at the photos from previous year's events made me envious. It's just a little to far to go (4 1/2 hours) for an afternoon event without John by my side. Unfortunately, the GS event seems to fall on the same weekend as an annual golf tournament that John organizes.
Who knows, maybe it's a good thing I can't go. I'm not sure how our GS Cinder would manage with all the other GS's. Cinder has very weak hind legs. Her heart and mind are very determined though and she'd probably be running all over the place trying to keep up to the others. She'd pay the price by the end of the day.

So, we won't be attending, but I sent down some goodies to give out to all the Giant Schnauzers at the event. Have a great time guys!

There's a new dog forum in town! Photographer Suzanne Bird decided it was about time that Ottawa (and area) had it's own dog forum. All dog lovers welcome. The forum is urbandogs.informe.com If you sign up, be patient with the process. I think it took about 12 hours for my account to be registered (and I got a couple of error messages along the way). It all works out in the end. The dog forum is very new and needs your input. If you know a good groomer, pet store, artist, special event, or whatever...let everyone know!

2 comments:

Christine said...

It's too bad you are so far away! All the dogs have to be on a leash and controlled by an adult, so Cinder would do just fine! Some dogs are a little too wild to let them all run loose.
Thank you so much for the wonderful cookies. They will go in the Welcome/Thank You bag and I'm sure they will be a hit!

Christine

Barking Biscuit said...

Someday I'll get there!