Monday, April 16, 2007

Some days are luckier than others


Four years ago today was a very lucky day. My husband and I were in this van. This photo is the end result of having a transport truck jack knife and land on top of us. John was rushed to the local hospital, and then transferred by ambulance to the trauma unit of one of the Ottawa hospitals. It was during the SARS epidemic, so I wasn't allowed into the trauma unit to see him for the first 24 hours. He spent 3 days in the hospital, and the following months recuperating at home. The only way he could sleep was in a recliner chair in our living room.

Why was it a very lucky day?

We survived, and I still have my best friend, my partner, and the love of my life. Each day is a gift now, and we try our best to focus on the good things in life.

Take your day and do something good. Pass it on.

2 comments:

Bumbershootska said...

my heart stopped for a split second when I saw that photo. Thank God you both survived..I don't even have words to express my feelings for this.

Do something good indeed!

Noni said...

The photo is horrible, it's amazing how you survived from that accident...
You are a lucky couple, I hope you never experience something like that again.