Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A funny thing happened

I received this email today. It was the first thing I read this morning and I must say it made my day!

"Hi Sara,

My 17 year old son Michael wasn't terribly impressed with me last night when I got home from working. Apparently the bag of Barking Biscuits that I left on the kitchen counter was a lure for him to indulge himself with. So thinking they were cookies - 'er ... well ... need I say more?

... and this was my fault because? Well I didn't stand for it, I lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of the person most obviously responsible - YOU! It's that nice white packaging that you use.

Have a nice day."


So, in response I had to tell her about a funny story of my own from way back when I started my dog biscuit business:
"Reminds me of a story about me & my son very, very early in my dog biscuit making days. I had picked him up from school and we were travelling to a hockey practice. He was starving and we didn't have time to stop to pick up something to eat. I had my peanut butter dog biscuits in the car so we ate the biscuits! (peanut butter, rolled oats, skim milk, baking powder)
(I've never told anyone that story...I probably would have been charged with child abuse or something!)"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I used to eat milkbone dog biscuits and I thought they tasted good. I probably would of eaten yours too when I was a child. I probably eat them now as an adult!