Thursday, November 15, 2007

Devil in Disguise

This is the face I see at work. Those are my legs in the photo, with Cassie gazing up at me. She's between me and my workbench. The other dogs are trained to stay out of my way when I pack biscuits. Cassie is determined to get between me and my workbench. Sometimes she lays down on the mat I stand on. Basically, she makes packing biscuits a challenge and I'm constantly "shooing" her out of the way.

But isn't she a cutie?

However, she was not such a cutie today. She was a challenge when a friend dropped by for tea. The friend asked how Cassie was progressing and I talked in glowing terms about how well she's doing...not much counter surfing and snatching things going on. Ahem. What was that again?

In the short time it took to drink a cup of tea: Cassie got up on her hind legs and grabbed a tea towel from the counter. Cassie grabbed an oven mitt from beside the stove. Cassie grabbed one of my slippers (something she has never done before) Cassie grabbed a kleenex from my friend's lap. Cassie jumped up on the couch beside my friend, sat down, and then lay down across my friend's lap!

So I'm wondering...Dawna, will you ever join me for tea again?

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ah, she sounds like she has more Giant in her than anything!!!
That is what a Giant is suppose to act like. And she has an adorable face.

As I type this, Mya is nudging my arm for me to pet her. :)

Angelique said...

She is so very cute. Oh the fun of a dog...(fun..hmmm).