Saturday, March 31, 2007

What's for supper?

The ongoing pet food recall in North America is amazing in size and scope. Now the recall has extended to dry foods as well as wet foods. For complete details click here. I find it truly frightening that one manufacturer makes almost all the commercial pet foods available in Canada.

You can rest assured that all Barking Biscuit dog biscuits are made with ONLY human grade ingredients made in Canada. Our biscuits are all made by hand in a bakery that is inspected by the health department. Our baking process satisfies ALL human requirements. Our bakery bakes only 2 products....oatmeal cookies and Barking Biscuits.

It has always been my commitment to use human quality ingredients. We do not add any food colouring or preservatives. All natural. Made by hand. That's it, nice and simple.

I am often asked what I feed my dogs. I believe in a natural diet. My bible has been a book called "Keep Your Dog Healthy the Natural Way" by Pat Lazarus. (also available is "Keep Your Cat Healthy the Natural Way" by the same author). Our Giant Schnauzer Cinder came to us as a puppy with a multitude of health problems. I truly believe that her natural diet is why she's still with us (and going strong!) today at age 11. Hmmmm...methinks my dogs eat better than I do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recall is sooo awful. Thanks for the info, I'm going to look for those books. We have a puppy and a kitty. Our kitty has FIP and has now lost her vision. I don't think it's due to her food...but now I need to look up the dry food.