Monday, March 19, 2007

Pencil Drawings by Miriam Mas

This lovely pencil drawing was done by Miriam Mas.
I met Miriam several years ago through the Ottawa charity Canines with a Cause (Miriam is the founder). In addition to her involvement with CWAC, Miriam paints gorgeous oil paintings and produces fantastic pencil drawings.
Bailey, our Siberian Husky and inspiration for The Barking Biscuit, passed away in September 2005. I commissioned Miriam to do a pencil drawing to give to my husband (she used a photo taken by our daughter in law Kelly for her inspiration). I asked Miriam to sell prints of her drawing to raise money for Canines with a Cause (a favourite charity of mine). You can purchase notecards with Bailey's drawing from CWAC. All proceeds go to CWAC. They have other cards available as well. (but I'm a little partial to Bailey's drawing)

1 comment:

Bumbershootska said...

Isn't Miriam's work amazing!?! Her sketches and watercolors are so powerful and I am so glad that she did this one for you (it's gorgeous!)
I'm so glad that I found your blog :)It's an excellent read!