Monday, December 3, 2007

The picture of contentment

Meet Jasper and puppy Skyler...two of our special customers in Cornwall, Ontario.Here are some words from Mary Lynn:
Skyler is almost 4 months now and is a JOY. He is very smart of course and Jasper just loves him. He was so very sad after Spencer passed away and just moped around and didn't want to do anything and now he runs like the wind and the little one prances around behind trying to keep up to his big brother. They sleep during the day curled up together and every once in a while they give each other a little kiss. He is exactly like Jasper, a minature blond Golden that's as sweet as could be.

Did I mention I love hearing from our friends and customers? That's what makes what I do special to me.

Speaking of special...Saturday was a very special day. A "Photo With Santa" fundraiser for BARK. Two hundred and fifteen photos were done (one photo even had seven dogs in it...yes seven...all sitting pretty).

It was a long day, and I have a confession to make. It was a very slow morning for me. We started at 8 in the morning. At 11:00 I thought I would leave at noon. Sales were dismal. But I didn't have the heart to leave so I sent John home and I stayed until 5:00 when it ended. And you know what? It turned out that it was the best show I've ever done. Sales were amazing. It goes to show...it's not over till it's over. I'm embarrassed that I even thought about leaving early.

A very good reminder for me. Sometimes it's easy to give up, but it's usually better to work things through.

Today we're in for a big snow fall. I have some orders to get to the post office so I think I'll get them done early and then snuggle in by the fire to watch the storm. It's going to be a great day!

No comments: