Friday, September 14, 2007

Nothing but blue skies

Some days you wake up and feel like there's nothing but blue skies...nothing can go wrong, and everything looks great.

Today is one of those days.

Here's my morning routine: drink coffee (sometimes brought to me in bed...I'm a lucky girl), let the dogs out, feed dogs, feed the cat, eat breakfast, check email, read my favourite blogs, then take Mulligan for a walk. (Cinder can't go...her legs are deteriorating and she can't walk as long as we can)

My son and I watched The Truman Show last night. Cody is a mad Jim Carrey fan. My morning walks sometimes remind me of Truman's morning routine...waving and saying hi to everyone. It's amazing how many people in our neighbourhood are at home and outside every morning.

This afternoon, I get to pick up some special things. First, I had some of my photographs plaque mounted and they are finally ready. They are extreme close ups of marigolds after the rain, and the oranges really pop in the photos. Hope they look good mounted. I'll post photos of them soon.

Best of all, a piece of art I bought is ready to be picked up. I bought it a couple of weeks ago at a silent auction. The artwork is a collaborative effort of The Six Chicks from Gallery 6 here in Kemptville. The money I paid is going directly to The Youth Center here in Kemptville. How great is that? It's a fabulous piece...I'll post a photo of it soon.

I am doing some work today too! Orders are going out to the post office. Our Paws for Charity buttons and Crunch for a Cure biscuits will be available in London next week at the Hyde Park Feed & Country Store. It's a fabulous place for birders too...lots of great things there...check them out if you're in the area.

And, my day will end on our deck while John cooks me a fabulous meal on our Big Green Egg. I posted about our BGE a while back. The fortunate result of that posting was that I received an email from Erik, another BGE fan who lives in Russell. Russell just a short 40 minute drive from here...it's a small world! Erik gave me lots of great links to some wonderful BGE recipe sites.

So...what is a Big Green Egg? It's a charcoal smoker that we use instead of a propane BBQ. Yum.

Today is a gift. What are you going to do with it?
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I'm spending the weekend with my parents. They are coming to visit me for a few days! As I get older, I appreciate family so much more.

Angelique said...

I love these kind of days. And I absolutely love that photo...it's so fun. And thanks for sharing about the Big Green Egg! My husband and I looked it up on line and they are really cool! It's on our list of things to buy. :-)

Jennifer said...

I think one of my husband's coworkers was raving about the green egg and how good it cooks meat. I love it when days are flawless.