Monday, September 17, 2007

Birthday Hugs for Miss M


It's a big day today for our granddaughter....her 6th birthday (I've replaced the original photo shown due to some scary things I've been reading about kid's photos being taken by supposedly respectable internet companies and used in some disturbing ways)
Happy Birthday Miss M!

It's hard to believe that this beautiful girl was born 6 years ago weighing less than two pounds. Yes, you read that right. Miss M was born 4 months premature and weighed only 1 pound and 11 ounces. She lived in the hospital for the first 3 1/2 months of her life and fought for her life many times.

By the time she turned 5, she had caught up in every way. Other than a touch of asthma, you would never know that this little girl had such a rough start.

Miss M is the reason I truly believe in miracles.

I know she has opened her presents, so thought I would share one of them with you. These are some of the talents of Beebee Mod, one of my favourite etsy artists. Not the best photo, but you can take a better look here and here.

Oh, and I couldn't resist this one, which Jen is putting on a long sleeve T for me and will be arriving in the mail soon. Perfect for a no reason at all fall gift!

3 comments:

Angelique said...

She's so cute! Happy Bday Miss M.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday girlie! Thanks so much for continuing to support my business sara!

Anonymous said...

It was VERY scary at the time. We are so proud of her in every way!! Time sure does fly when you are having FUN! :)
Thank you BaMa. We love you! xo

ps: To Jen we LOVE the outfit and think those stools ae pretty cool looking too!