Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bananas about Pumpkin

Well, I guess it's safe to say that you guys are bananas about pumpkin (or maybe you just want to win a Barking Biscuit gift pack!)

We've had 63 name suggestions sent to us for our new pumpkin biscuits. Wow. Such a great response. A BIG thank you to all of you!

Because of the overwhelming number of responses, we're going to narrow it down to a handful of finalists. These are a couple of the things we kept in mind when choosing the names:

1. We wanted to keep the word "pumpkin" in the name. We do have a couple of biscuits that don't have the flavour in the name...and that seems to confuse some people. The end result is that some of our stores ask us to put extra labelling on the bags. Our "Crunch for a Cure" biscuits are an example of that. Peamutty Barks is another one (although personally I think peamutty is a bit of a giveaway). Mind you, I've had some people not realize that The Barking Biscuit was a dog biscuit company.
2. We didn't want a name that was too seasonal. The hallowe'en themed names were great, but our biscuits will be available year round so we thought it might be better to have something a little less seasonal.
To everyone who sent us a name suggestion: please don't be disappointed. We'll send you a free Barking Biscuit button pin just for playing. If you want one, please email me with your mailing address. Let me know what kind of pin you want...our logo pin (choice of apple green, kelly green, olive green, golden yellow, orange, light blue, dark pink) or our cat logo pin (choice of apple green, golden yellow, orange, light blue, dark pink).

And, here are the finalists...drum roll please...
Howlin Prowlin Pumpkin
Pawsitively Pumpkin
Tail Thumpin Pumpkin
Pumpkin Paws
Pumpkinlicious
Pumpkin Please!
Pumpkin Bumpkin
Pumpkin Pawty
Howlistic Pumpkin


Please leave a comment or email me your votes by September 30th...I'd really love to hear from as many of you as possible!

4 comments:

Christine said...

My vote is Pawsitively Pumpkin.

Amanda said...

Wow...what great choices! Its hard for me to choose...but I think I will have to vote for Pumpkin Please! I can just picture my dogs begging (nicely, of course) for them!

Anonymous said...

Hi...I'm Tracy's friend Sherry...Prairiehome.typepad.com
I'm the one with the Tee Shirts. If your interested let me know...
Smiles....

Angelique said...

They are all so great. I'm going to have to vote for 'Tail Thumpin Pumpkin' because when I first read the name I pictured my dog waiting anxiously for her treat...she tries so hard to sit still and her tail waging so hard it's thumpin. It is very cute.