Thursday, June 7, 2007

More Preparations & WIPs

Everything is falling into place for our upcoming vacation. I don't know why I get so stressed before closing down for a couple of weeks...things always fall into place nicely. All the stores have their Barking Biscuit supplies now. All I need to do is fill some web orders, and then post updates on the website. Whew!

Thank you for all your comments about one blog or two (personal & biz). One blog it is! I tried to respond to your comments individually, but my replies all bounced back to me. Something I'm doing wrong?

You may wonder why I'm so excited about a little vacation. Yes, we get away every year. Usually we visit relatives. This time, we're visiting relatives for 3 days (John's son, daughter in law, and granddaughter in Halifax) But...then we're going away...just the two of us...no kids, no dogs, no relatives....for 10 days! Woo Hoo! To top it all off, we're going to tour Newfoundland...something I've wanted to do for years & years. John has been there before on business, many years ago, and only visited St. John's. So, this will be a first for him too. We're both very excited. In preparation for our trip:


New hiking shoes, hiking socks, long underwear, rain pants, rain coat. I get cold very, very easily. (apparently, there are still ice bergs in the water in Newfoundland in June!) When I get cold, I get miserable. These new supplies are John's self preservation purchases. He knows if I'm happy, he'll be happy. Smart man.

And now for some work in progress photos. This is my way of making sure I actually finish these projects. I tend to start things, and then move on to something else, so my projects sometimes languish for a while. I figure if I let all of you know about them, I'll be making a committment to actually finish them off.

(Umbrella photos coming soon)


WIP #1: Umbrella cover for our picnic table umbrella
Started: June 2nd
Completion Date: June 11 (if I don't do it right away, I'll never do it!)


WIP #2: Horace the Bear (pattern by Amanda Hone, Etsy pattern available here )
Started: March 28
Restarted (new yarn): April 14
Restarted (new yarn...I'll get this right eventually!): April 18
Want to finish by: July 15

WIP #3: Sweater for me. I've knit all the pieces, and now must piece them together (I strongly dislike this stage!!) before I can knit the button band and collar to finish it off.
Started: January
Want to finish by: August

3 comments:

Allyson Hill said...

Newfoundland, what a dream! I hope someday I can go there too. I hope you will share pictures? Please? Have fun!

Allyson Hill said...

P.S. Glad you're sticking with one blog : )

Angelique said...

Newfoundland....that is GREAT, I’m so jealous (in a good way). I can't wait to see pictures. Umbrella cover...that's ambitious ..can't wait to see it. And the little bear looks sooo cute. I wish I could knit...but I’m not about to add that to my list. :-)
Side note: So...Newfoundland dogs are from Newfoundland...right?? Hence the name. I hope to have a Newfoundland dog one day.