Friday, June 29, 2007

Back from Newfoundland - not an upalong anymore

We're back from Newfoundland! What a trip. So much to share with you...I'll have to organize my photos and I'll do a few postings about our trip.

An "Upalong" is a person "from away". The word is actually used...I read it in a St John's newspaper. (more on that later)

This photo seems a fitting one for my first post since it has dogs in it...the statues overlook the St. John's harbour (St. John's is the capital of Newfoundland). There is a statue of a Labrador and a Newfoundland dog. Did you know that a Lab is a descendant of a Newfoundland? I didn't know that!

Well, I didn't get "screeched in" so I didn't have to kiss a cod. But I ate lots of cod (delicious!) and even tried the screech (rum). Lots of stories to tell in the next week.

3 comments:

Angelique said...

WAHOOO...I'm so happy you're back and I can't wait to see the pictures. I love the picture you posted. My favorite two dogs....well I think. It's hard to say....I just love dogs. I really do want a newfie.

Jennifer said...

Yay! You're back. I love Newfoundlands. Such a wonderful breed.

Christine said...

Hi Sara! I just got your mail today (my husband brought it to me while I'm still on vacation). I didn't realize that the puppy in the picture was Bailey. It's such a beautiful print. It's so nice, I don't want to use them! :)

My vacation is fantastic and when I get back at the end of August, I'll upload all my pictures. I love your Newfoundland pictures too.