Monday, January 21, 2008

Crime Fighters come in all sizes

Yeah, He's a Fighter.
A Crime Fighter.

The Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Bark magazine features a story about Neville...a pit bull scheduled to be destroyed in Ontario as a result of the Bill 132 breed ban...rescued by Bullies In Need...and now working in counterterrorism with his partner trooper Dave Dixon of the Washington State Patrol and U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

This is truly a success story. It's also a story that depicts how absolutely terrible our Ontario breed ban is. I know, I know. Lots of people are frightened by the pit bull stereotyping. I truly believe that these are wonderful dogs who are victimized by some irresponsible and criminal owners.

For the full story of Neville, pick up a copy of Bark magazine.

Bullies in Need is always in need of food and donations to help with vet bills. For more information please see their website.

2 comments:

Angelique said...

You just hit a hot button for me. They are also trying to band pit bulls here in Colorado. It makes me angry and I so agree that their bad rep is due to irresponsible owners. I have known a number of pit bulls that were nothing but loving and wonderful pets. Instead of banding the breed, owners who make these dogs something they're not should be thrown in jail. Okay...I could go on but I'll stop there. I'm glad to know there are people trying to help save this breed.

Christine said...

I have to admit that I am scared of Pitbulls. That doesn't mean that I want them banned. The reason I am scared of them is because of how the owners have made them. My Mom and Dad were about to be attacked by one. My Dad's quick thinking avoided the attack and gave the owner time to get him back on a leash.