Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back to school

Isn't this a picture of contentment? This is our cat Phantom (the oldest member of the crew) and Cassie (newly adopted in September). It's not always like this. Sometimes Cassie is chasing Phantom around the house. I consider it Phantom's exercise program. He's going to be 15 shortly and he does get outside in the summer (only in our fenced yard) but he's not too active in the winter. His idea of action is moving from the pillow in front of the window onto one of the beds.

Cassie has been progressing nicely. We had some really rough days in November and December. Very, very rough days. So rough that we didn't think we'd be able to cope. But we took her to see an "animal intuitive" and reiki practitioner in December for 2 sessions, and the results were quite amazing. If you had asked me if I believed in someone being able to "talk to the animals" before this, I would have been a big skeptic. But it sure helped Cassie, and us as well. I would definitely recommend Elizabeth Wright if you are interested. She is located just outside Merrickville and you can reach her at 613.283.3692. Her website is jasper'sspaw.4t.com.

We do still have some work to do with Cassie, so it's back to school for her (and me too). We're starting tonight with the first of 5 sessions. I'm not sure what to expect from her so it will be quite interesting. One of our problems is that she is agressive with some people and some dogs. It's not consistant, so we're not sure what her triggers are. I'm hoping the sessions help her. I know the sessions will help me!

No comments: