Saturday, January 27, 2007

Very Merry Berry Muffin Recipe

Last year I was fortunate enough to be featured on a couple of tv shows. Late in the year I made some festive muffins on the morning show for The A Channel in Ottawa. Believe it or not, after the show many of the muffins disappeared...the camera crew were eating them as snacks! This happens quite often with our biscuits. We always use human grade natural ingredients...so lots of people try out our biscuits themselves. Some of our fans eat them regularly. But, I digress. After the tv show I had lots of requests for our Very Merry Berry Muffin recipe. I thought I'd share it with everyone:
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cups unbleached (or whole wheat) flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries

Combine wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Mix together. Add cranberries. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

Our dogs love them. Let me know what your dog thinks!